Anyone know anything about ultrasounds?

I had an ultrasound last week (at 7 weeks). It did not look anything like the ultrasounds I had with both my other 2 kids at 7 weeks. I thought I spotted more arm buds and things just didn't look like alittle cummy bear like with my other 2 kids Anyway- the ultraound tech measured crown to rum and it measured well. Then she slowed down and got really quite. She said she needed to go talk to the doctore about something. I immediately looked over at my husband and said " OH my God she thinks we have conjoined twins!" In came another ultrasound lady- he said she didn't see it. Then I asked the other ultrasound tech what she thought she saw and she said "conjoined twins!" But the other lady disagreed and that was that. I am not scheduled for another ultrasound until 3-4 weeks from now. I would like ny thoughts, opinions, etc. The random thoughts about this are hard to get out of my head. so any info is aprreciated! Thanks!

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 8:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• you could always call you ob and say you want to discuss your ultrasound with them. they will tell you if there is anything to worry about
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'd be patient and give ur body and baby a bit more time. If there are conjoined twins u can't change it. Talk to your OB more about your worries and see if they can schedual another ultrasound.I know how difficult and scarry it is. I had an ultrasound at 32 weeks and they thought they spotted something on the heart..then I had a 2nd ultrasound and they werent sure what they saw..and after a thrid one they told me there could be something but it was inconclusive..

I'd request another ultrasound tech. Honestly they are no allowed to tell you anything without approval from the radiologist. Good Luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it's way too early to tell. Give it some time and I hope everything works out for you.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• 7 weeks is WAY too early to see a "conjoining of twins"...give it the next few weeks. In the meantime, if you're that worried, talk to your OB.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2010