How often do you go thru your kids toys?

Just wondering how often you go thru your kids toys and get rid of them? What do you do with the ones your get rid of? Just curious...

kristinashley24

Asked by kristinashley24 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I go through them about once every month or two. I throw away the broken ones. I dont get rid of a lot because I have 3 kids, ages 2,1, and 8weeks so if the oldest outgrows one toy another will soon play with it and etc. Around christmas and birthdays I usually cut the quanity though!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• At least twice a year .
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• oh and I donate or put them on craiglist if I get rid of them and they are in decent shape.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Every few months. They either go to goodwill, trash, or my FIL so he can give them to his girlfriend's grandkids.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Every few months. If they are broken I just throw them out. If it is something big like a ride on toy or basketball hoop I put it in front of our house. Someone always takes it. If it is a small toy I bag them and throw it in the Goodwill bin.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I go through them a few times a year (particularly after Christmas and birthday). I get rid of anything he's too old for, or that he's never liked. We rotate some of his toys (so they stay new to him), but if some toys never/rarely get played with, even when we've just brought them out, then we get rid of them. I don't like clutter collecting, so we get rid of a lot. I do hold on to his favorite toys (even if he's outgrown them... like to have a few keepsakes!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• once a month...and I swear some of the toys I find I never knew they had! LOL =)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• At least once a season. If I have not seen them playing with it in over six months or so, then it's gone. I give them away.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 9:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Every year after Christmas we have our son (11 now) go through his things and purge what he feels should go. Sometimes we have to reassess and/or reevaluate choices. In the end we have him make the final decision.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My young one is 10.... He just got a Superheroe collection.... Now he is more into DS games than toys, so he doesn't have that many!!
    But before, I used to give him a bag, and he will pick the ones that he didn't want it any longer ...Then I would donate to second hand store!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2010