Ex baby daddy's Why they always depending on us?

I can't get rid of my two last ones Baby daddy he is so like a darn boomerang he leaves and comes back leaves and then comes back. How much damage is he doing to my girls they are 5 and 4 now? I am so confused love is not a switch right? I am so tired but i want my girls to be happy but i think him leaving and coming back is screwing with them....Am I right?

smomof5

Asked by smomof5 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say yes it is screwing with them. My mom walked in and out of my life when I was a kid and now as an adult I have chosen to not have any relationship at all with her and it's because she wasn't there when I was a kid. Her mom and dad raised me.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yep, if he wants to see his kids have him go to court and get scheduled visits, and stick to them.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yep I would suggest the same as skittles above ^^^ =)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yep he is a dead beat so i am sure he wont do that he is a good dad but he is a drunk. I am just so worried bc i wont even take my babies to town in fear that he will be there. And the worst is when he can't get me to answer the phone when he decides he is done with needing his beer he will just show up and get the girls all upset and wanting him he is such a stalker. I want to move but can't bc the place i am at is my dad's he gave it to us to get us out of the projects. IDK what to do?
    smomof5

Comment by smomof5 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Just try and be very open with the girls. I wouldnt push pressure them into hugging him or whatnot. If he is not reliable, let him just visit and watch/ observe them and if they want to come love on him, that's their call. And if they ask about him later, if you don't know (when he'll eb back/ why he left_ tell them you don't.

But yeah i would really want to have a talk with him about all of that. Sorry he is a dead beat. But dont call him that around the kids. They are his BLOOD and it will hurt them.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes you are right...! Get him in court and let the judge decide visitations...Not in your house...!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well the girls love him and after all the years of problems they know why he leaves I don't call him names but I beive he is out this time and for my girls sake i will wait for him to make a legal move on seeing them befrore i do anything else
    smomof5

Comment by smomof5 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010