HELP!!!

WHEN I FIRST FOUND OUT I WAS PREG MY FACE HAD BROKE OUT REALLY BAD AND I DNDNT KNOW U CUDNT USE CERTAIN ACNE MEDICATIONS I USED CLEAN AND CLEAR A FEW TIMES AND NOW IM WORRIED DO U THINK IT CUD HAVE HURT THE BABY?

kim2316

Asked by kim2316 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh honey, you'll be perfectly fine. Keep using the clean & clear if you want, the amount of medication in the facewash can't hurt your baby. I wash my face every single day and my baby is going strong at 32 weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I did the same thing, so I looked up the research behind it. It was shown to cause birth defects in rats who injested the equivilent of like 5 tubes or something. So as long as you're not eating it, you're fine. Do make sure you rinse well, and don't use anything that stays on the skin with the same active ingredient just to be sure.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would ask your doctor to know for sure pertaining to your pregnancy,but certain things during the first part of pregnancy can be dangerous.
    I'm sure your fine,relax unitl you hear from the doctor.
    Anonymous

• no I believe most topical treatments are fine though I would double check with your doctor before continuing use. When I was first pregnant I had horrible migraines which were actually my first symptom. I took TONS of my migraine medication to try and kick it before I found out I was pregnant (its very unsafe to take while pregnant) and my baby turned out beautiful and perfect. Don't stress about it, now. There is nothing you can do to change the past but I am almost 99.9% sure that acne washes are fine. Congrats!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• ask your OB or Midwife what you can use. I think anything with retin or whatever it's called is a no but I think clean & clear is just fine!
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 11:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• THE ONE I USED HAS THAT SAICYLIC ACID OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED IN IT AND I HEARD THATS NOT SAFE DURING PREG BUT I ONLY USED IT A FEW TIMES IT DNDNT HELP SO I QUIT USING IT!! LOL
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008