Is there a place to get in touch with moms in your area?

Hi Im a mom and a Photographer and was wondering were I would put a post about my buisness. I am wanting to get in touch with mom and moms in my area about getting maturnity and baby photos. I was thinking of offering a free newborn session with paid maturnity session but have no idea where to post and how to find the people near me. I just officialy opened for buisness today and am exited to get this show on the road. Any help would be greatly apriciated

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You can look for any groups that are for your area (though few of these are very active). You can also look online for moms groups in your area. I know where I am, meetup.com has a few of them. Google moms groups/play groups and your town and see what comes up. Good luck with your business!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• First thing I would do is put in a search for your area in the groups section to see if there is a group specifically for your city, county or state. Then go to the "Moms" tab above and click on "Mom Search" and put your area in the criteria. Good luck!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• all great advice
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Local newspapers (some have free ads and some are very inexpensive)
    You could make flyers and post them in public places
    You could drop flyers off on mailboxes at homes (on the outside.. inside is illehal without paid postage)
    Look for local groups on here as well as facebook and myspace to join
    Create a business page for networking sites
    Host a small "meet and greet" at your shop or where you will be doing the photography for people to come in, have refrshments and such. Maybe even have a door prize of a free session. :)
    Have a table with the same idea as above at Wal-Mart or other businesses who will allow it.
    Go by business parks and drop off flyers to the people at work.
    Go by schools/daycares and offer your services or ask to leave flyers or even send some home with the kids.

Good luck and congrats on opening!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You'll want to go to your Groups tab and click on Find Groups and then search by your state, your hometown or both. 

Also, if you need help running your business or would like to meet other businesswomen, I invite you to join my Cafemom business group, Mommy Movers & Shakers.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'd try Yahoo.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010