Are all hermaphrodites gay?

This is more aimed towards people that are against gay/lesbian/transgendered people because they believe it is a sin/goes against God etc, but anyone can comment...

Hermaphrodites are born with both sex organs and so are both male and female... Based off of your beliefs, who do these people date/marry??? Or would you say that they are just doomed to a lonely life without love, happiness, etc??? And if you do feel that way, do you think that a loving God would want this for anyone especially considering HE/SHE made them that way???

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I know I'm not your target audience (as a pro-gay rights activist), however, I just wanted to point out that in some cultures, being a hermaphrodite is considered a blessing from God, and they are revered (Native Americans, for example).
    I am very curious to see what answers people have for this one! =) A smart question!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Wow kerp1960, how about you offer nothing to the conversation except bitchiness....geeze. Let it go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Kerp, go pop your estrogen for the evening, and chill!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• SOULS....not soles. ANd Hermaphrodite, not Hematite.

kerp1960 so sorry to offend you with my poor spelling but the spell check made those changes. and I have been awake for 26 hours. my mind isn't that sharp right now. but I can go to sleep and be better in the morning. what's your excuse? you can't fix rude (and I'm being nice) night allsticking out tongue

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Does NOBODY want to write correctly or is it okay to just "get by" and show that you barely got through 6th grade? Have some pride and do it right!! My goodness....
    It is not bitchy to correct spelling...it is helpful. I always want to know if I made a mistake---I am not so thin-skinned and defensive and I DO think you are never too old to learn. But,hey....excuuuuuse me. "

Wow. You were not being helpful, you were being rude. Have some pride and stop being so nasty! There are a lot worse things in a post that improper spelling, and you just demonstrated some of them. You really don't have to be so mean. It's not flattering.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They are born with genitalia of both sexes, but I think the DNA would be one or the other. If so, they would be genetically male or genetically female. In our culture, they almost always have surgery shortly after birth to make them female (because that is easier). I think I remember reading that the internal female reproductive organs tend to be more complete and functional. To me it makes sense to surgically correct based on the DNA, rather than convenience or preference of the doctor or parents. To answer your question, "Are they gay?", I would have to say I don't know. We probably can't generalize.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Apparently, you have never read any of my answers or my posts...if you had, you would know that I am a stickler for grammatically correct writing and words spelled properly. I expect this of my son as well. I do not even text in abbreviated words. However, I do not bash about it while clearly not even adding to the conversation and while chastising in a rude manner.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• usually at some point they choose which sex they identify with more and go with that. so based on that they could still be gay or straight based on which sex they choose to identify with and who they are attracted to. (and truthfully i don't think that there are many true hermaphrodites in the human race. to truly be a hermaphrodite both ovaries and testicles and usually that is not the case. i think what you are talking about is individuals who are classified as intersexed.) but i'm not against gays so i guess that is the extent of my comment. beyond that insight what they choose to do is their business and i could care less lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Honestly it's hard to say, but if my child was a hermaphrodite, I would likely allow them to choose their gender and have surgery done. It may not be the "Christian" thing to do per say, but I don't think the Bible speaks on this matter.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• BradenismySon, I just read your post. Very interesting. They've actually had the DNA tested, and they are both? Wouldn't you either have an XY or an XX?
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010