How did I get so lucky to have the most perfect teen daughter ever?

She is on the state honor roll, she is a journalist for her school paper (as a freshman which is rare), the teachers call me daily to tell me what a great girl she is and how she is so kind and sweet to other students, She helps everyone, she is an activist for students who are not "like" others, she stands up in class and is not afraid to voice her opinions and respectfully argue the wrongs she sees in class. I am so proud but wondering where the heck she came from! I am nothing like her and neither is her father. Her Step-father is like her and it makes me wonder what a wonderful influence he is on her and how happy I am that he is a part of our lives! (and she has a mohawk...I thought when she cut her hair off I was going to have to prepare for the worst but no it is the opposite!)

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 9:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Congratulations, Mom! And it's so wonderful to hear about a great teenager. I know they're out there because I have 3 of them myself. We shoudl celebrate them every day!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It's alright, lol. I feel the same way about my son. I have no idea how I got so lucky. He's 13 months and to me, he's the most adorable, amazing little boy ever. I'm guessing most parents feel that way.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry, what's the question? Where she came from?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• that's awesome! Yay for wonderful teens!
    She sounds a lot like my daughter ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm very happy you were so blessed I do belive every child is a gift from a higher being??
    myraclemommy

Answer by myraclemommy at 11:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• beliamommyof4, why would you say people have no life? Because they are proud of they're children's accomplishments? Or does it upset you? Didn't someone ever tell you how proud they were of you? Do you tell your children? We are suppose to be encourageing each other, not tearing each other down with words like "troll" and "People have no life.." If it bothers you, why are you on Cafemom? Why not start a group that does nothing but complain about how bad everything is. Maybe that's what encourages you. For now, for here, a mom has a right to be excited and proud of her daughter. I think you should enjoy life so you could share in her happiness!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You are not lucky but a parent who did some things right.

Answer by older at 9:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• hahaha sorry just a little happy post LOL I really think she is from outer space though
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• what is a troll?
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• bellamommyof4 you are a very rude person to think that just because my daughter is a wonderful and good person that I cant tell the world. I have no clue about your life nor do I want to but @ least she didn't have a child out of wedlock as a teen and is not drinking or doing drugs, dropping out of school or living on the streets... and sees that there is more to life than boys, sex, and babies.

4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010