How do you deal with your DH's gaming addiction?

gratefulangel77

Asked by gratefulangel77 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband's addiction was World of Warcraft, an online game. It was a Saturday and he had been on all day long. He would get off long enough to eat and the bathroom. Well about 11 PM he started getting fresh with me. I told him to go get it from his game. After that he gradually stopped playing.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I mostly ignore it now that I've got the game buying under control. He was one of those who had to have every new game that came out. Now we have it down to collector's editions of a special few every once in a while. And as long as he isnt spending money on them I just let it go.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 9:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If you can't beat them, join them. lol That's what I had to do when DH was totally obsessed with World of Warcraft. Of course, we didn't have any kids then so it was a lot easier to play together. We both still play, him more than me, but the expectation in our house is that we don't play when the kids are up. It's been an unspoken rule since our oldest was born. Also we have certain things we do around the house. I clean and do laundry, and he cooks. I'm not going to cook dinner because he's obsessed with WoW, and he's not going to do laundry because I'm parked in front of a computer all day. Since we have kids, we know not doing our jobs around the house has reprucussions on everyone.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010