How do i get my 2 year old daughter in her first bed in her first room

I'm moving out of my parents house for the first time in two weeks. Her sense of adventure does not have me worried about her adjusting to new suroundings. What has me worried is when i try to get her in her toddler bed. Me and her have been sleeping in the same room since just after she was born and been sleeping in the same bed for more than a year at least. When i have late nights at work my mom needs to crawl in bed with her because she needs someone to sleep with. how do i take the right approach to getting her in her own room in her own bed?

wraithreina

Asked by wraithreina at 11:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will probably be many nights of taking her back to her own bed and hearing her cry for a bit before heading back to your bed and they you two starting the process over again.

Can you afford to let her pick out her own sheets and maybe a special stuffed animal for her "Big Girl Bed"? This works with my son.

He usually sleeps in his own bed, but it was in our room. When we moved and he and the baby got their own room he kept climbing into bed with us. After a week of the above process, we decided to go let him pick out his own sheets/stuffed animal. He loves Spiderman, so he picked out spiderman sheets, blanked and stuffed Spiderman. And we always called it his "Big Boy Bed". We did have a few more nights of him trying to be in our bed, but it lasted less than 1 weeks after he got the new stuff.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I agree, just keep taking her back to the bed and maybe let her sleep with something special. It's hard but keep at it and she'll be okay
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2008