Playground/recess songs.....

My daughter came home singing this song today.... Once someone told me the world was macaroni so I took a bite out of a tree, it tasted kinda funkey so I spit it at a monkey and the monkey started cussing at me. (remix of smashmouths allstars song) So what songs are your kids learnig on the playground. Are they old time favorites, were they changed, are they remixs of real songs? Any one who can provide lyrics would be great....Thanks.

mymestey

Asked by mymestey at 9:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I sang Miss Mary had a steamboat, the steamboat had a belt, Miss Mary went to Heaven the steamboat went to hello operator please dial me number 9, and if you disconnect me I'll chop off your behind the fridgerator there was a piece of glass, miss mary sat upon it and broke her little ask me no more questions.....remember that one. I sang it once for some 5th graders....not sure it was appropriate for that age, but they found it hillarios. And I remember it from grade school. They hear worse at home, I'm sure.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Einie weanie tortolini, ooh bah bah bobilini, Education, Liberation, I love you...tooti fruity-clap clap- Down town baby down by the roller coaster, sweet sweet baby, no place to go, Shamrock, Shamrock, Caught you with your boyfriend- naughty naughty, Gimme piece of candy-greedy greedy, jumping out the window- crazy crazy....

That is what we sang when I was a kid... I have no idea what the girls sing these days.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh gosh it has been a long time since I have sang the silly kid songs. My son has come home with some strange ones but I can't remember any of them right now.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Ahh not sure. Did you try googling?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• LOL! When my dd was in 1st grade she learned the words to Mary Jane's Last Dance from a boy in second grade - I'm pretty sure you don't want to teach yours the words to that one....hee hee
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 4:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• There were 10 little Monkey's sitting in a tree -

teasing Mr. Alligator.

You can't catch me...  You can't catch me...

Along came Mr. Alligator - as quiet as can be -

And he Snatched that Monkey Right Out Of That Tree......

PS ---- You start over counting down....   monkey

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school....we have tortured all the teachers and broken all the rules, there is so school no more!
    trainrider2

Answer by trainrider2 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010