Spin off of earlier post: Would you allow your teen to have sex and drink in your home?

Someone earlier said they didn't think it was a bad thing. I didn't know that teaching kids that they are above the law by allowing underage drinking in their home was good parenting. Serving other people's kids?
Having sex in my house? Is that teaching the value in sex? About waiting until you are in love with someone? Or just a shag shack at mom's?
I can't believe personally that people would see this as being open minded.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope, none of the above is allowed in our house. I am not naive enough to think they don't or have not done it, but I will not condone it by allowing it in my home. I try to raise my children with higher morals, values and standards than that. They have been taught right from wrong and they know about consequences. But they also know if they were ever in a situation in which drinking and driving is a problem I am a non judgmental phone call away.
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 11:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• no, i wouldn't but i know lotsof people who think it's not a big deal and would just throw some condoms at them.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• NO!! Now don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure my son will be doing these things well before he should but that doesn't mean I'll support it or allow it in my home!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh my gosh, I, personally don't know anyone who would allow this in their home. So how do you know who the parents are? It's crazy now a days everything just goes I guess.....pretty sad!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 9:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, I wouldn't allow either in my home. My kids know that it's not okay for them to be drinking before they are legally old enough and so far (they're all teens) no one has come home drunk. Also, there will be no "sleepovers" for the opposite sex unless they are married to one of my children. it's the values we've taught to our children and since I'm their mother and not their little buddy, I expect them to respect those values. I think the parents who allow all this type of activity because "they're going to do it anyway and I'd rather they do it at home" are idiots and are setting themselves and their kids up for big trouble sooner or later.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No sex in my home unless its me and DH...Drinking im ok with....At least this way I know what he would be doing and know he wouldnt be getting in a car with someone that was drinking.. As far as other kids drinking in my home thats iffy....I would have to talk with their parents about that....I wouldnt trust a child telling me "My mom siad it was ok"
    Anonymous

• wow this is so crazy. I can't believe people would actually do this, that is not good parenting imo
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• no not allowed no sex no drinking no drug!! my parents never allowed me to do it! but the have allowed my brother to do it! and he has been arrested twice and is on probation! he dropped out of schools on monday! he has ruined his life because my parents allowed him too! oh oh and to top it off he has gotten 3 different girls pregnant and my parents paid for the abortion since the girls decided they didnt want to have the baby! its so messed up!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yeah I will totally let my son drink and have sex in my home when he's a teenager. I am also thinking of taking up smoking crack and selling stolen merchandise out of my garage.
    Who they hell would be ok with that? I normally am very careful not to be judgmental of others choices but "that's just FN stupid" and I'm sad to think that someone could have so little concern for their child.

I am going to be my little boys Mother not his friend! I want him to grow up to be a productive member of society.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Nope, no sex, no smoking, no drinking. Not in my house and we expect our children to NEVER smoke, wait on sex until they are married, and wait to drink when they are legal.
    And so far, We've raised 2 of our 4 children to respect our rules.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010