Has anyone ever had a colon cleanse? Did it help to lose weight? Was it by over the counter or by a Dr? If you did do it, how did it work? What did it feel like? Would you recommend someone else do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, I have done colonics...make sure you have a good/qualified technician and that they use a closed system!

Also, be sure to suppliment with healthy flora afterwards...your technician should recommend a good suppliment or try eating foods with naturally occuring "healthy bacteria" There are some good recipes for that on http://www.raw-food-for-families.com

Overall I think it is a good idea, you just want to make sure that the person is qualified, you do enough treatments, and that you re-build the healthy bacteria in the colon...and take some pepermint oil in case you get nausiated...I did the very first time.

Let us know how it goes!
    Anonymous

• I have not tried that, I know someone who was very overweight and took an over the counter product that helped them lose 30lbs. I have been taking something that helps with regularity which really helps you lose weight. PM me for more info. you can lose 3-7 lbs a week and actually keep it off.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 2:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I tried the Dual Action Cleanse, but for me, if I took it as directed it was just too much for me personally. too strong. Have you ever read the warnings on the Alli website? Well, kinda like that, only I stopped taking it before I had any embarassing moments. lol But I am sure there are some safe ones out there that work. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you are looking for something over the counter I sell a colon cleanse that is all natural, herbally & botanically based. Arbonne, the company that makes it sells it, I take it at night before bed & it helps with regularity & I have lost weight as well. Whats great about this product is that if you try it & you decide that you do not like how it works for you, they offer a 45 day money back guarantee...what do you have to lose? Best of luck to you & if you are interested drop me an email :0)
    ArbonneMaMa530

Answer by ArbonneMaMa530 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I had a colonic before...it helped in the sense that it helped me to cleanse my colon and to regulate better bowel movements.
    pisces72

Answer by pisces72 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008