37wks pregnant and... adult content

I have had a really yellow somewhat runny discharge. OB said yesterday that from what she could tell I was dilated only to a fingertip (baby is sunny-side up, his spine on my spine and she couldn't use him to push my cervix down so she could really tell)

I've been having steady contractions since Monday, they've gotten to about 8min apart for the last 3.5 hrs. I haven't lost my plug...

What could this discharge be? Surely it's not from my water... right? Any idea? (OB didn't say anything for sure what it could be.)

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you have had contractions in any kind of pattern for more than a hour you need to call your ob
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• IDK but when those contractions get to be a regular 5 minutes apart for a long period of time, I would be heading to labor and delivery.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My water "leaked" with my son and it just kinda poured out slowly like I was peeing. I didn't notice it being yellow, but I would call your OB!!!!
    JaxsMommy182

Answer by JaxsMommy182 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My OB just happens to be one of my best friends, and believe me, I've called her for EVERYTHING. I'm just not wanting to wait on a lab test to see what this discharge is.

matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Jaxsmommy, it's been this way for a week!

And I have hardly been able to stand, let alone walk today, feels like I have a softball stuck in my crotch! ; )
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• odd... sounds like the plug to me. i just gave birth at 38 weeks. my plug was coming out slowly over a period of 4-5 days it was yellowish too. no worries. your little one is on the way! congrats
    ilasmomma

Answer by ilasmomma at 10:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• sounds like a mucous plug to me... but it doesnt tell you anything...some people loose it a month before they deliver... and others last to the 5 min before
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• But i thought the plug would be clear or blood-tinged... didn't know it could be almost lemon yellow...
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree, it does sound like the mucous plug. When I lost mine, it reminded me of snot lol. Kind of yellowish and slimy.

lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 10:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would find a new OB if she didnt know what it was! Thats nuts! I would guess it is part of the mucus plug or your water leaking...Good Luck!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010