Any suggegestions on how to get my daughter to be comfortable around other children and adults?!?!

So I have been staying home with my children since my sone was born in December of 2007 before that my daughter had been in day care. She just started tiny to gymnastics and she was so shy and didn't want anything to do with anyone but me. then when the class was over she was upset because she wanted to play....help me please

zoesmomma26

Asked by zoesmomma26 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Start a play group. See if any of the mom's at the gymnastics's class would be interested in going to Mcdonalds play land or a park afterwards. If she can form a friendship it maybe easier for her to get comfortable in the surroundings.
    IF not it will just take some time. You just keep encouraging her.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• See if any of the churches in your area offer some sort of pre-school program. Most of them offer some kind of 1/2 day pre school for 2 or 3 days a week, really cheap. This will get her use to being around other kids and adults. Some kids are shy around their parents, and then not when they are gone. I live in a very small town, and there are no playgroups here, so pre-school was the best way for me.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008