is this a good idea?

My daughter is 2 and last christmas she got a ton of toys that she dosent even play with my mother and father are seperated so they both spoil her rotten and buy her toys almost everyday. I talked to my husband about not getting her any toys for christmas this year and thought about redoing her room into more of a todders room. She still sleeps in her crib which is broken down into a toddler bed but im 35 weeks preg and wanted to put back into a crib so i thought about getting her a bed and painting her walls and getting her new stuff for her room and take the baby stuff since she is a little older my husband thinks this is stupid and i should buy her toys. Do you think the room is a good idea or any suggestions on something for christmas?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• i think that sounds like a wonderful christmas present for her! she'll love it and appreciate it much more than just more toys for the pile lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think that's a great idea.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think its a wonderful idea. Especially since your parents buy her more than enough toys! My mom agrees too....Lol..
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it s a really good idea !
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think its a great idea too! She's already going to get bunches of toys and stuff from family. Doing her room will be very nice.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Terrific Idea. Some gift ideas- a big girl jewelry box (for play jewelry and hairbows, marbles, whatnot), Puppet theatre, play doh, beads, lacing toys, dollhouse (fisher price has a my first dollhouse. my dd is 4 and still plays with hers!)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think this is a perfect idea! maybe get her one or two toys to open on Christmas but she doesn't need the whole toy store every Christmas. I did that for my daughter's 3ird b-day. Her room is in Disney Princess and I let her pick out her bedspread and wallboarder. When she saw her room for the first time, I don't think she would have been more excited if I had bought her a room full of toys!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i think its a great idea
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010