DO you think this would be tasteful

I saw at hallmark the little necklaces they now have which is a heart you can put little gems or jewels into and they slide around inside the heart pendant.

I miscarried 1 babyt, and have 2 kids with me. i was thinking of asking my DH for this necklace with stones for all 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• My kids bought my a Mothers necklace 2 years ago. Included in the stones were the 2 babies miscarried, and their brother who died shortly after his birth. They are all a part of our family. That is just the way we chose to embrace it. Maybe you should just ask your husband how he feels about it. Some guys are weird about embracing miscarried babies.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't see it as distasteful at all. It is a nice way to remember your baby angel. But, I will say, be prepared for people to ask what the 3rd gem is for.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think that is a very nice idea. Those were your babies, I think it shows they meant something to you.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It is really up to you. It is such a person decision. I have 3 little ones and have had a miscarriage and would never ask for a necklace with 4. We also did not have a funeral or anything like that. Just different way of looking at things and dealing with things. Totally up to you.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i think it sounds pretty. i would get one for the baby who passed too....it's just whatever you're comfortable with
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it is a nice idea.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I love that idea. It will be beautiful.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it is a sweet idea, but as someone else said, understand that people will ask and that might be painful. But not at all distasteful. I feel think in these situations, it is whatever you are comfortable with.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• melbornj i am sorry you lost a baby. why wouldnt you ask for one with 4 our of cuirousity?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010