The pill and a smell 'down there'

I started my Birth Control pills 3 weeks ago and have, as of the past week to 10 days, noticed that I have a smell down there. Like, even sitting w/ blue jeans on if I don't have my legs closed I can smell myself. I really don't think it is an infection. I shower daily to every other day. Any ideas? And I started my pack the first day of my period and still seem to be spotting. Do you think it is just going to take a few weeks to get back on track?? It is embarassing, though no one has said anything to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• Maybe it has to do with change in hormones. I'd give it a few weeks like you said and see if it doesn't go away. If it doesn't I'd check back in with Dr. to see whats going on, maybe try a different type of pill..
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'd say your hormones are out of whack too. You might notice it more because it's your body and you are accustomed to your scent and this is different for you. It could even out with time but if it doesn't and becomes worse call your Dr.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010