Dry skin

The last couple of days, I have noticed what feels like dry patches of skin on my almost 3 month old. You can't see anything, but can feel it. I only give him a bath every 2-3 days and use lotion afterwards. Should I be bathing more often, less often? Is there a good moisturizing soap to use on his skin?

lovebugs_mom

Asked by lovebugs_mom at 10:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might try an organic baby wash that has herbs and natural oils in it instead of chemicals. I use organic and it truly makes a difference in the skin.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Hi there- you might want to cut back on the baths at this time of year, go to every other night, or in the bath, don't use as much soap.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Forgot to add that aveeno has a nice oatmeal soap that is good for dry skin- Hope this helps :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i like the aveeno soothing relief cream body wash (i am pretty sure that's what it's called), and for lotion i like cetaphil (in the tub, the creme not the lotion). every 2 or 3 days is a good washing schedule though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• First of all the baby lotion you are using.. Make sure there is no alcohol in it, you would be surprised.. Also you need to figure out the source is it infant acne? 40% of babies will develope it between 2 wks and 6 mos. Or is it just dry skin? try these things:

Don't use soap — try a fragrance-free, soap-free product instead. Or better yet, skip the cleanser altogether unless baby is really gross and grimy. No bubble baths, either! keep baby well hydrated, use a humidifier, and keep the thermostat around 68F dry heat is a BIG time problem for dry skin.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• there is a johnsons moisture care baby wash withbabylotion in it try that and lotion afterwards, and the days the baby doesnt get a bath lotion twice a day once in am and then before bed all this combined should work great good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 11:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with the organic products for the baby. If you find them too expensive try using pure Almond oil or Avocado oil from the health food stores. Soaps with alcohol can be drying on anyone's skin. Avoid them
    sunshine0504

Answer by sunshine0504 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010