PUPPS

Have any of you been diagnosed with PUPPS? I have a horribly itchy red rash all over my abdomen and all I want to do is scratch! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and from what I've researched online this rash does not go away until the baby is born!?! I'm almost 38 weeks, but 2 more weeks of this itchy crap is bound to drive me insane! Has anyone else had it and how did you deal with the itching?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh God, I had it. It was awful. I tried aloe, oatmeal, cocoa butter, and Benadryl. Nothing worked. The doctor had to give me something.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Bump
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• if you're allowed, try calamine (sp?) lotion, the pink crap you put on poison ivy and chicken pox... it might help...
    molly_beth13

Answer by molly_beth13 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I am almost 37 weeks and have had it since 35 weeks. It's absolutely awful! The worst for me is at night time. My doctor told me that I could use over the counter Hydrocortisone cream. It helps a little bit but not much. From what I've read and what I've been told there really isn't too much you can do for it. The only thing that makes it go away is when the baby is born. I feel your pain. Good luck!
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010