How do I get custody of my daughter?

I have left an abusive man after many years and move away. Short of it he won custody because i moved out of the county. This is not fair, the judge and the law gaurdian didnt carethat he was abusive, contoling and not metally stable. he had more money and new people in high places. What can i do?

Worried10

Asked by Worried10 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Find another attorney and keep fighting.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I WENT THRU THE SAME IF U HAVE PICS OF HIS ABUSE U BRING THAT TO COURT AS WELL AS THREATING TXTS (PRINT IT OUT) TELL THE JUDGE ITS IN DA BEST INTREST OF UR CHILD TELL THEM UR DAUGHTER NEEDS A FEMALE TO TEACH HER ABOUT THINGS HE CANT AND THAT HE IS A DANGER TO HER AS WELL
    wnnababy

Answer by wnnababy at 1:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• seek legal counsel
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• TELL THEM UR DAUGHTER NEEDS A FEMALE TO TEACH HER ABOUT THINGS HE CANT

So, fathers should get their sons just because they are boys because the mother can't teach them "boy things." Yea, I don't even think so.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If he wasn't abusive to the child than you can't claim abuse. You have to prove mental instability. All you can do is keep trying but, after a few failures a judge will tell you not to come back without proof that there needs to be a change. Once custody has been established it rarely gets significantly changed.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You need to get a good attorney that can dig up as much dirt on him as you can find. I'm sure if he was abusive to you he will be to the next woman he gets with which would not be healthy for the child. It will be a tough battle but if you think your child is worth it you will fight.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010