Is it possible to be in love with a man after years of not seeing him?

Can you still have feelings of love for a man after years of not seeing him?

If so, if I were to cross paths with him, should I keep on walking (for the fear of igniting passion of love)?

Asked by BlueSaphire at 11:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't believe so. I think that's more of being in love with a memory. Real love comes from that true sense of commitment, growth, bad times, good times, etc. That is love.

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• well it depends on what both of your lives are at the time. if you're both happily married to other people then stay away. if you're both single, go for it. but yes, it is definately possible to love someone after years and years. just make sure you get to know the person to see if they have changed and see if you love who they are now instead of trying to love who they were back then.

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i would think so.... love is a very strong feeling to have.

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think so.

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My SO and I have known each other for 40 years. We were each other's 1st crush in 6th grade & each other's 1st kiss in 9th. High school & life after took us our separate ways. We both went through terribly abusive marriages. 6 years ago, we stumbled across each other and found that the chemistry was still VERY much alive for us! We have been together ever since. And, neither of us has ever been happier. And we both know that we will totally enjoy the rest of our lives together.

Answer by specialwingz at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Uh, well let's see, there is children, possible ex's involved with finance issues, ex-girlfriends, or secret lovers that he has had, ....cheating, long lists of habits they may have or hide, he may be gay, ....anything is possible in the long list of possibilities!!!!!

The pros and cons list is over more on the "cons" side . Yes feelings still may surface, but we all like ice-cream on hot apple pie too..... ....huh?

• I think it's possible. Only you know the history or reasons why you might not want to ignite anything.

Answer by Adelicious at 11:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think you can love another, but you probably don't love them the same as you do your own spouse. I wouldn't say that it's impossible. But I do believe that anything is possible. What if your paths crossed and he saw you first and approached you, then what would you do?

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010