if you could give your child anything or everything, would you?

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 11:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I can truthfully say if my children (and they are adults now) needed two arms, two legs, a heart of a head, they could get it from me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• nope. i don't believe in spoiling them. they have a comfortable life, but definately not everything they want lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes. i plan on spoiling my children as much as i possibly can.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, I do not want to raise my son to be a spoiled brat. Even though we can give him that I want him to work and appreciate what he has. People that I know that have always gotten everything and anything are the biggest unappreciative assholes I've ever met and they look down on others who dont have the nice fancy things. No thanks!! I will raise my son better than that because life is more than what you have.....its about who you are and how you treat others.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm going to school to be an RN and I plan on giving my kids anything they want as long as they appreciate it bc I grew up poor and done without and my kids aren't going too. I'll buy them a car when they turn 16 but they will work and pay for either gas or insurance, and I'll help them in any way they can as long as they help themselves.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, I also grew up "poor" and I love the simple life. I get sick of clutter, and I think after a point, the more people have, the less they appreciate.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Nope. No way am I having a child growup thinking he is entitled to get anything and everything he wants. I know too many "adults" like that in my classes and it is irriating listening to them talk about how they are entitled to A's because they are in class and because mommy and daddy gave them everything they wanted. Nope, my child is learning to work for what he wants. His needs are met with a few wants, but he earns and buys most of what I will not get him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If I could give them everything they NEEDED, yes! Everything they wanted?? No way! There's enough paris hilton/lindsay lohans in the world.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It all depends on what it is. where i believe that you should teach your child the value of working hard for what you get and earning the things you want, I would give my very breath for my son if it comes down to it. My parents gave me almost everything that i wanted growing up, and because they didn't make me work for the things they got me, i still rely on them for almost everything and i don't even live with them. Having a child of my own makes me realize how much work they put into giving me what i wanted and i don't want my son figuring that out on his own 20 yrs from now like i did.
    babymomma101110

Answer by babymomma101110 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't want to give her every simple stupid materialistic thing she wants......but, I want her to have more than I had. I will teach her appreciation. We will go to soup kitchens and help the poor....she will learn that she is lucky and many are less fortunate. She will appreciate what we do for her and appreciate the opportunity to do for others.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010