Christmas Gift Idea

Do you think making those mason jar gifts for a christmas present for everyone this year is a cheesy idea? We dont have tons of money to spend on everyone and this is a thoughtful gift i think. I myself love to recieve gifts like this. But, is it to cheap? Does anyone else do this for there family? Thanks

anz2008

Asked by anz2008 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• I've haven't done it before, but I wouldn't mind a bit if I received one. I like the idea.:)
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i'm making stocking for everyone this year.. but any gift to me is a good and thoughtful gift and those who recive gifts should be very greatful cause there are lots of ppl out there that wont be getting anything.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• my long term boyfriends family is kinda who i am doin it for but they like to shop at high end places like aero and AMERICAN EAGLE those kinds of stores and i dont wanna feel like my gift was cheap and etc. get what i mean?
    anz2008

Comment by anz2008 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh, no I think they are very thoughtful gifts.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it's a great idea! There is no reason to throw yourself into debt these days for Christmas gifts. Its the thought that counts, and its a lovely one. If you want you can add a whisk or wooden spoons. Or maybe bake a taste of what is in the jar.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm planning on making some of those too :) So no I don't think it's cheap.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yeah i have seen them with measuring spoons and cookie cutters too. And i also found some recipes for homemade dog treats in a jar too. Since there are 7 dogs in the family plus my lil one too. So i cant forget the animals lol.
    anz2008

Comment by anz2008 (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't care how and where people shop I think everyone would love a gift like that. It's practical and if they can afford to go to the other places maybe they would just really like something simple and thoughtful that they might not get themselves.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sometimes I'm afraid a gift I'm giving is too cheap, and then I think about what the alternative would be: nothing. Haha. I'm sure the gesture is appreciated. I'd love to receive something like that.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 2:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• its not the price but the thought, some1 could draw me pic or write a note and i would love it all the same! my brothers making my kids homemade mickey mouse banks and i think its a great gift that you can't buy!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010