Gatlinburg, TN for Thanksgiving?

My parents and my son are going out of town for Thanksgiving so we won't be having a big family get together. If I stay in town I have the option of going to my brother, sister in laws, and their kids Thanksgiving or the option of going to my husbands (who I'm separated from) family Thanksgiving. I really don't want to go to either because I'll either be bored or agrivated.
So, I'm thinking about going to Gatlinburg on Thursday and Friday. I could do what I wanted when I wanted and also do some Christmas shopping.
Does anyone know if most of the shops, attractions, and resturants are going to be open on Thanksgiving? What about a good motel to stay at that's close to everything?

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 11:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Travel

• Oh, you are sooo lucky! I wanna go!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 11:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Looks like fun.  Send away for some Free information so it can help you. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Love it there. It may be crowded, usually is on holidays. I always stay in pigeon forge. I just like it better there and its closer to the malls lol. If your looking for something just simple and inexpensive, the Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge is pretty good. It's just the basic motel room and its pretty cheap. It's owned by a nice older couple and they keep it clean. It don't look like much, but its cheap and kept up with. You can also check out 1 bedroom cabins at Countryoaks.com. some aren't that expensive. They usually have specials listed on the site also. And sign up for the mailing list. I get $100 off coupons emailed to me all the time. They own 2 other cabin rental companies. You can link to their sites from that one to check more prices and availability.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm going to try to find a fairly inexpensive motel. I stayed in the best western 4 years ago, I think it was kinda high though, it had a jacuzzi and fireplace. I don't need that this time but I'd love to have a room with a balcony. It may depend on if I stay one or two nights. If I just stay one I might spend a little more. I'd like to be close enough to walk everywhere so I don't have to pay for parking.
    FroggyFeet

Comment by FroggyFeet (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2010