Can you believe this?

I heard on the news today that a 10-yr old girl had a baby. I didn't even think this could happen at this age. What's your opinion on this?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• it makes me sick and wonder where the hell is there parents in all of this.... babies shouldn't be having babies.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• She isn't the youngest. Lina Medina was....at 5.

And I believe it is sad. The 10 year old and the boy should have known better than to consensually have sex. AND..they shouldnt have had that much time alone.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Very sad. I wonder if she was raped? If not how old the dad is. And like the previous poster, where in the heck was she to be alone having sex?
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I just can't even imagine seeing a little 4th grader 9 month pregnant.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• "the new mom’s mother is happy to have a new grandchild but is puzzled why the birth has generated too much attention. She explained that they are Romanian Gypsies, and their culture allows girls to marry and have kids at a young age."

Oh man.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Of course a 10 year old CAN have a baby. Why does that shock you? Any girl who has her cycle can have a baby...

Now, do I find it appalling? Yes. But I was not much older than that when I lost my virginity - at my own will - so does it shock me? No!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Hell, I didn't even start my period until I was 15 lol
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It is disgusting.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sad, but definitely possible. I hadn't heard of lina medina before, but I have heard of girls as young as 8 or 9 giving birth. I tend to believe the early menstruations have something to do with the hormones girls are getting in all the dairy that is being consumed.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Lina Medina. WOW!

Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010