Is this horrible of me?

My baby is due November 28th. I'm a part of a Due in November group. Lately... a lot of the other girls have had their babies and it makes me so JEALOUS. They put up the pics and it makes me cry. I feel bad for being so jealous... but I can't help it no matter how happy I try to be for them. Am I bad?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 12:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Nah, there's nothing wrong with being jealous! I'm a part of the Due in December group (Dec. 20th here dur lol) and I get a little jealous sometimes when I see other members' babies. I know it's not really right, considering that if I gave birth right now at 33 weeks my baby would be a preemie, but still...it would be nice to at least see what my daughter looks like and hold her and let her bond with my boyfriend like I have. I hate thinking that I have one full month left until I can start wondering if she'll get here >.< Gah. So annoying.

The way I try to make myself feel better is by putting myself in their shoes. I think once you have your baby you find yourself wanting to be pregnant again. The grass is always greener on the other side ^.^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• no it's not horrible, or bad. it's human + hormones =).
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• no, it's your hormones. You want that baby out! You want to meet him/her, and get to know her. You're not horrible at all!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 12:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I'm not trying to be mean, just speaking from experience as a mother who gave birth at 31 weeks and 36 weeks. Get over it. Leave the group if it upsets you so much. Be happy you still have that baby in there still. You will be more jealous of those women who get to leave the hospital with their babies in their arms because they carried to term, while you have to visit your baby in the NICU. If you want to hear about my experience, you can check out my latest journal post.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2008