can ghost's or spirit's hurt you?

OK SO I WENT TO MY GRANDMA'S FOR A MIN. WHICH IS 2 BLOCKS DOWN AND LEFT MY 11 YR. OLD AT HOME FOR 5 MIN. AND SHE CALLS ME SAYIN THAT MY DOG IS GOIN ALL KINDS OF CRAZY BARKING AND STARING DOWN THE HALLWAY!! THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPEND EITHER. I CAN EVEN FEEL THE PRESENTS OF SOMETHING HERE BUT NOW BOTH OF MY GIRLS ARE SCARED!! WHAT TO DO?? MY GIRLS WANNA GO SOME PLACE ELSE TO SLEEP!! HELP

blueangel279

Asked by blueangel279 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course they CAN... So can a chipmunk... It doesn't mean they will... ANY being has the ability to cause harm, any being which can touch you can hurt you... But as with other people or animals, the average ghost or spirit will not harm you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i hope they don't!! i took my kids to my sister's cause they couldn't sleep here. but since i have been back home my dog is just sleeping. thank you
    blueangel279

Comment by blueangel279 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You can feel the presents? Presents are gifts. I had to chuckle! soRY!

Not all spirits, but there are types that are not to be reckoned with. I have seen scratches, burns and even someone who was paranormally choked. But I don't think that is what's going on here. You would know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The way I've understood it, spirits can't actually hurt you, but some malevolent ones can cause enough ruckus and churn up enough energy to cause harm. Most spirits won't harm anyone though. Animals are very sensitive to those things, and they don't really understand what it is, so they go nuts.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They might not hurt you,but if you kids don't want to stay there,then that is a problem.If they don't feel safe you might want to look into moving.Good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes they can and will if they want to. I used to live in a house that had spirits or a presence or whatever you want to call them and it was a very scary time for me. Things alway go worse when my parents left the house and now as an adult this is something that has stuck with me and is still very scary for me to even think about. My dogs like yours would bark and stare at things we couldn't see. We had many experience but I won't scare you by telling you more. Mom told us to call on the name of God, Jehovah and that worked for us. We moved from that house because of it and that was the happiest day of my life. Let me know how things turn out.

dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Only if you allow them to.

Answer by older at 10:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They can do harm, but the fact that they haven't done so by now is probably because they aren't that kind of spirit. A poltergeist chucking a lamp at your head can do you a lot of harm and there have been angry ones that have scratched and choked the living who have intruded on what they consider THEIR space. They are like people, because most of them once WERE people. Grandpa doesn't become a demon just by dying and passing on as many christians would have you believe. And don't forget, there are other types of spirits in this world with us. Angelic spirits who protect us and keep us safe from dangers, including negative energies. Family members who have passed on may have stopped by to take care of the children while you were gone. And animals can see spirits and will treat any they don't recognize as intruders. There are any number of possibilities, but if the girls haven't been hurt yet, you shouldn't worry.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Why exactly did Sabrina get a thumbs down? She didn't say anything remotely hateful. That was just silly.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 4:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If whatever is there has not harmed you yet I dont think it will. Your best bet though if you girls are scared is to basicly just talk to it next time. Just say. Im not sure who you are and why you are here but I hope that we can keep things peaceful but could you plz be careful you are scaring my girls and I am sure you dont mean too. Something like that. It usually will work with a peaceful spirt cause they do not relize they are doing it. Good luck and Blessings
    Aarionna

Answer by Aarionna at 8:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010