Websites for rental houses?

Anyone know of a good site to find single family houses for rent, other than Craigslist, Realtor.com, rent.com, etc.?

xrussianbabe02

Asked by xrussianbabe02 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• FRBO.com
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• have you looked at hotpads.com? you can also contact a local realty company to find out if they have rentals available. Our current house is being rented through a realty company that also runs a property management company to rent houses for the owners.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• A realty company in your area is a good bet. We rented a great home through Century 21.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Just look up the classifieds of your local newspaper online.
    FYI......FRBO.com is mostly vacation properties.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not really, I looked at it for vacations, and I found more houses for month to month renting at FRBO.com
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've looked at FRBO, and it didn't have much in the areas we're trying to move to. I've also looked at hotpads some. Is there a fee for going through a real estate agency, if so, can I ask what you paid?
    We're looking to rent at least 1 year, until we're able to find a home we can buy that our family can grow into.
    xrussianbabe02

Comment by xrussianbabe02 (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We did not have a fee for the realty company from what I understand the person that owns the house has hired them to find a tenant and they get a percentage of the rent once you sign the lease. We have no idea who the owner of our house is and only deal directly with the management company for everything from the lease to repairs. The only thing we had to pay is the deposit, first months rent, and a pet deposit for our cat plus get all of the utilities in our name before we got the keys. So normal stuff for renting. Good luck finding a house!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thanks foxracing! One more question, if you don't mind. Does the agent get a percentage of each months rent, or just the first?
    xrussianbabe02

Comment by xrussianbabe02 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I believe the agent only gets a small compensation fee for finding the tenants and the management company that the agent works for gets a percentage of the entire lease...so I would imagine that it is probably each month. It could very well work differently from company to company, this is the first time that we have rented a house this way.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010