• In the Spotlight:

I dont love my husband anymore

I've been married 33 years, but we own a business and home together so it makes splitting up tough. We're also raising our 13 year old grandson. He's 57 and acts like he's 90 and I'm 54 and want to live my life. Help....it's so hard to even be around him. He's depressed and unhappy with life but nothing I do helps and I really want out!!!! What do I do?

swalker401

Asked by swalker401 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't get divorced because you are just bored. It's not as easy as people think. Try talking to him, taking a vacation (disney world or disney land is a great place to let loose, even for adults). Explain to him that it is very important to you to have fun together. However, the fact that you wrote that you have a house and a business together and the thought of what would happen makes you question whether you want to, says to me that you are not ready to get divorced. Maybe your husband does have a bit of a problem that a little medication might help.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If he's depressed, maybe he needs help?
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I personally wouldn't stay w/someone because we have a business together. Sure it might make things hard, but at the same time-is being depressed worth it? You could always try talking with someone ya know just get it all out there. No split is easy, for anyone but at the same time, to make anybody else happy you need to start with yourself.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2010