What about Jehovah Witness??

I have this Jehovah Witness that comes to my house to have bible study. I ask her to she believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and she said she does. I ask her do she believe in the Trinity she said she don't. I love God with all my heart, but I am searching for a church home I not changing my believe for no one. I just amire her structure and really need some sound advice. Is Jehovah Witness religion a man made religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• honestly, all religions are man made if you look at the basics. It's all about faith and what you believe in your heart.

JW just don't believe that Jesus is part of god (other than the basic "everyone is part of god" theory) and they don't believe the holy spirit is part of god, it's just a force of god.

their other main difference is their belief that Satan originated the doctrine of the trinity.

granted, all of that was just my own research on the topic, I'm sure a JW can more easily explain it to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That, unfortunately, is a can of worms, because many will get on here and say yes, but they will also ADD that ALL religions are man made.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• JW believe that Jesus is Michael the archangel. ask them to show you scripture there are NONE! None that say Michael is Jesus Christ either. Remind them that angels refuse worship see revelation 22:8 -9 then "Let all Gods angels worship him Jesus" Hebrews 1:6 Jesus allowed worship because he was God. also see Isaiah 9:6 and Romans 9:5 Jesus is God
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• JWs have been closed off from real biblical truth. They don't read doctrine from other denominations, and follow their magazines and books to the letter. Whatever the "Society" says goes. I disagree that all religions are man-made. God is truth and no matter what we believe, His word is still the truth.

OP~~"I am searching for a church home I not changing my believe for no one." This is also the way the JWs think. I respect that but, what worked for me was reading the Bible and being open to how the Spirit lead me. If I find truth in what is shown to me in the Bible, I will open myself to the Holy Spirit's conviction. I will research the subject "to death" because I want to serve Him truthfully, not mechanically as I was taught as a JW.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• They also believe that only 144,000 people will go to Heaven.

It was founded in the late 19th century by Charles Taze Russell.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Have any of you actually been a JW? You are wrong. We do believe in God and we do believe that Jesus is God son, we do believe in the Holy Spirit, but we don't believe that they are all one. God is not Jesus, Jesus is not God. The Holy spitirit comes from God. It isn't a separate thing, We do believe that Jesus was born on earth as a man, and he was persicuded, he was also killed, he did raise from the grave as a person for 3 days, because he talked to the disiples. He was alo raised spirtually into heaven. We do believe what the Bible says about 144,000 going to heaven. They will rule over this earth with Jesus after the new earth comes about, like the Bible says it will be paradise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I know alot of JWs my husbands Uncle converted his family over to it, they come to my door regularly and make no mistake they present themselves like Christians but are not, they do not believe the same and they read from their own Bible which has been twisted to their own beliefs. The JWs that I know and have had many conversations with do not believe Jesus is God which is false. They only believe he was a great man and prophet that lived and died.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I remember going to his Uncles funeral and hearing them read from the Bible (I thinks its the New World Edition) and not recognizing what they were reading then I had to go back and read it out of my Bible and see for myself it wasn't the same. Its twisted. I really don't want to attack JWs but it is a false religion. I always tell them when they come to my door "I'll take your track if you take mine" they walk away. The other problem I have with it is they base their salvation on works. Thats why they go door to door. They feel it promises a place in heaven for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Not everyone is going to heaven, only Gods chosen few, 144,000, that is only a spoonful if you thinkabout how many people have been on this earh and are going to be judged. Also, we do not believe that Jesus was hung on a cross, we believe it was a tree, a torture steak, look in KJV, I have one and at Acts 5:30, it says a tree, not a cross. We also believe that God comes first, then Jesus, man, woman, child. We also believe that Gods name is Jehovah, his name is given in almost every Bible, including KJV. We have a personal relationship with Jehovah by using his name just like you would with people you know, you wouldn't call them Mr, or your friend, hey friend, you'd use their name, same for God, we call him Jehovah. We all know that Jehovah God knows our every move, our thoughts, and he sees our behaviour.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The fact that they call themselves the Watchtower Society should give you a small clue this is a cult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2008