Is it normal to have vaginal discharge while pregnant

I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I have vaginal mucus like discharge and sometimes thick white cottage cheese like is it normal what is it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A lot of women get a lot more fluid. If you are itchy, smelly, or uncomfortable, you could be yeasty.

More discharge is normal through out pregnancy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Its normal I had the same thing when I was pregnant.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• More discharge is normal. It should be like your normal secretions, just a little more of it. If it becomes itchy or start burning, you might have an infection, which is also normal. We're more prone to yeast infections during pregnancy.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 12:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes it's normal i'm 31 weeks pregnant with my second child and i have the same problem as i did with my first child
    vickie86

Answer by vickie86 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yeast infection
    blackassrider

Answer by blackassrider at 1:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If it's cottage cheesy, that's not normal, and is probably a yeast infection (extremely common during pregnancy).
    Your discharge will increase over the course of your pregnancy. By your third trimester, it will be a lot. I actually thought my water had broken, but it was just discharge! That wad an embarrassing trip to L&D!
    I would get an OTC yeast infection treatment (any of them are fine, just be sure to use a 7 day course, as that means less medication going to baby at any given time). Generics work just fine, too. If you're not sure, get in to see your doc. They may give you Diflucan (not sure if it's safe during pregnancy, but the doc can look it up). Diflucan is a pill treatment for yeast infections.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2010