Whose property?

My mother's father and his brother owned some property together years ago. When they died, it was automatically left to my mom and her cousin. Well supposedly that property was sold 5 yrs ago. On the listings it was two properties. The property was sold and both of the properties were listed as "not assigned" Then all of a sudden one of the properties was listed in my mother's name although, not her cousins. We can't find any record of the sale, the company that supposedly bought them or the person that took care of the sale at that time. I've looked through deeds for the properties but only one comes up as being sold and not the other. Every way we checked it out, we hit a roadblock. We just can't get anywhere with anybody on this. What would you do, and who do you think would have a record of the property being sold back in 2005?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The county in which it was sold should have that record. I assume you have the address? Find the county courthouse or county clerk for the county it is in (I can help if you message me the county and state). Contact them for the records.

If you are doing this in order to get what is yours - the money from the sale, I believe is what you are saying..... make sure you have the will or some records indicating the property was yours and you did not relinquish rights to it.

Is it possible the court "sold" it or took possession of it to reconcile some other debts they had? There's another idea - contact the lawyer or executor of the will. They should know that.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Science mom gave good advice.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010