please help me.... I think i have a pinched nerve...

hi. my right thigh is completely numb on the top half of my leg. I have sharp pains going from my outer hip (bone) to the outside of my knee. What is this? I think it could be a pinched nerve, but I'm not sure. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me? What helped? What can I do to get through tonight. I feel like I'm about ready to cut off my leg! There is pain where the numb part of my leg meets the part that's not numb. I am now feeling sharp pains behind my knee. What' is going on with my damn body?! :( someone please tell me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• I have had a pinched sciatic nerve. I didn't have the numbness, but all the other symptoms. I couldn't put any pressure on that leg or I would have this stinging pain from my lower back, hip down to my knee. I finally went to urgert care and they did xrays and all that. They gave me anti-inflammatories, steroid pack and pain killers. It cleared up in a few days with that. You should go to the dr. I thought it would go away with rest (i was training for a marathon at the time) and suffered unneedlessly for 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Ah yes... the good old Sciatic Nerve. I've had that pinched during pregnancy and it is NO FUN! I wish I could tell you how to fix it, but I can't. I've just had to wait for it to go away. However, it does have to do with your spine... so you could see a chiropractor, and he/she could probably adjust it for you.  If you can't afford that, then try some gentle stretching and staying off of your feet for a while. (Preferably lying down, so you are completely off the nerve)  Hope this helps!

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Go to the doctor and get it looked at. It could be more than just a pinched nerve. The doctor will do tests and find out what it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008