please help me.... I think i have a pinched nerve...

hi. my right thigh is completely numb on the top half of my leg. I have sharp pains going from my outer hip (bone) to the outside of my knee. What is this? I think it could be a pinched nerve, but I'm not sure. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me? What helped? What can I do to get through tonight. I feel like I'm about ready to cut off my leg! There is pain where the numb part of my leg meets the part that's not numb. I am now feeling sharp pains behind my knee. What' is going on with my damn body?! :( someone please tell me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like a nerve.

Lay flat on your back on the floor, legs straight.
    Gently lift one knee up to your chest. You can gently pull with your hands behind your knee if needed. Only pull until you feel a slight stretch.
    Switch legs and repeat.

Lay flat on your back on the floor with knees bent.
    Slowly lower your knees to one side, try to keep your back and shoulders flat on the floor.

Stretch at least three times, everyday. If you are overweight, lose some.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Sounds like it could be a pinched nerve. If it persists I would take an ibuprofen and soak it in the tub. Also massage it. Massaging for me usually helps relieve it to where it is bearable.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 12:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Not being mean, sorry you're in pain, but shouldn't this be in the health questions? Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Just trying to get as many people to see and answer my question as possible. And I did post it there too. I posted it in a few categories! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• TRY ACCUPUNCTURE, I DID AND IT WORKED WONDERS.

Answer by older at 12:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008