pregnancy test showing extremely faint negative.

On October 14th I took an HPT to recieve a negative result, both the control and the negative sign were very dark shades of pink, I took another test on November 2nd, it's the test that shows a + for positive or a - for negative, my control line was extremely dark, but the - sign was extremely light, and I followed the directions to a T. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what this meant. I also had a lot of clear mucousy discharge today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a digital test and it doesn't leave any room for error. I would say that a negative no matter how light is still a negative.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Call the manufacturer and ask questions if there isn't reading material already in the package that has troubleshooting. I always used First Response. They are super sensitive to the preg hormone. They worked every time.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010