What a baby eats???

I have a seven-month-old and he eats baby food, from a jar. I'm kinda weird about it bc Im wery of letting him (them) eating anything that will change their taste buds... (I think if they start w/ veggies and keep with diff kinds of veggies they will grow to love veggies. If my five-year-old is any indication I'M RIGHT! I know a baby who is one month younger than my son... doesn't crawl, doesn't stand and the mom says they feed her potatoes, and vienna sausages!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I the only one thinking WTF?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What! No way I would never give that to my son at that age! Fruits and veggies...mainly veggies!!...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• it's a human being!! Their taste buds are going to change!! And what's with your "what a baby eats?" title. LEARN TO WRITE A COMPLETE SENTENCE!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thats pretty crazy if thatmostly what she gives to that child. And totally stupid. My son just turned 8 mon and I have the same idea as you. By feeding more veggies they will love veggies. So far its worked. We didn't do that with my DD(3.5) and she will not touch a veggies with a 10ft stick. Masen also eats table food.
    Andi8kay7

Answer by Andi8kay7 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's no fruits that make them picky its the uniformity and blandness of overcooked jar food. It can cause texture issues too. Not for all children but jar food is really unnecessary. We follow the principles of baby led solids. No purees, no jars, no processed gerber type foods. check it out here --> Baby led solids especially the gil rapely article. It was the best thing we ever did. At that age my girl was eating whole apples (no teeth at all) and tried any fruit or veggie she is offered including things people shun like beets and asparagus. She's a year old and just the other day ate a bean burrito by herself. She has preferences, for example she won't share blueberries and she likes foods with flavor and spice just like we do :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my opinion is def veggies before fruit because the infant wont touch any veggie after fruits give the baby the same jar food for five days to be sure the baby doesnt have an allergic reaction, and me having twins that are almost one and they eat everything!! from mashed potatoes to hamburgers chicken nuggets and suckers!! as long as i know they can eat it with no problem they have it!! they would much rather have adult food than the jar food good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 11:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Is there a question here? Or is this a post just to gossip about the other parent?
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• How about if you just want to make smarta... remarks you keep them to yourself, It's clearly a question about other parents opinion on what and when to feed an infant. This site is suppose to be for advice and help for mothers, not to be RUDE to the person who asks the question. Remember what your mother taught you - If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"
    ShaunsMomma04

Answer by ShaunsMomma04 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010