What kind of chores do your kids have?

14 year old DS has to make sure garbage is taken out of the kitchen and bathroom and taken out to the street. He has to do his own laundry and keep his room clean. Every now and again he'll get dishes too. (But not often)

13 year old DD doesn't live with us full time (just on weekends) is responsible for her laundry when she comes and keeping the bathroom clean. Every now and again we'll have her do the dishes too.

3 year old DS helps put away the drinks. Water, juice, soda, etc. He loves taking them out the box and putting them in our drink fridge. He LOVES doing his own laundry. (with our help of course) and he loves cleaning up.

Curious as to what your kids do for chores...

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• DS is 2, and he loves to wipe things, so we let him do that. He hands me laundry to fold, helps put clothes in the washer and dryer and starts the dryer. He puts his dishes in the sink, and stuff in the trash. He picks up his toys (not always).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They don't have set chores, other than cleaning their rooms. Their rooms have to be clean on Friday for them to get their allowance. Throught the week they are required to do anything around the house I ask them to do. So it can be anything from picking up the living room, taking out the trash, putting away dirty clothes. Whatever comes up.
    Mommy4000

Answer by Mommy4000 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• clean the bathroom they use, their room, and vacuum the one floor
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My oldest is in Boarding school.... But there he has to work 1 hr a day (different chores), is part of the Academy rules... The 14 and 10, make their own sandwiches the night before swimming day (they eat in school). If they play or watch movies..they are responsible to put things back in place.. We have extra help at home (cleaning person, cook)...but at every meal they lift their plates and take it to the kitchen... In the States, they used make their beds, take the trash out, etc... Here is a bit more relax, but still we have them do some of the stuff...

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have an eight, ten and twelve year old. The eight year old just cleans his room. The other two take turns taking out trash and vacuuming. They also clean their room. The twelve year old I am showing him how to do his laundry. So that's not far away for him either.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My older ones are 9, 10, and 13. They do laundry, sweep the kitchen (rotating nights), clean dust and vacuum their rooms, clean their bathrooms (except the showers/tubs, I still do those), and take out the trash.

Answer by missanc at 9:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2010