This can't be good, can it?

So I have been married 2 years on the 21st. I was listening to music today and one of the songs said something about "being with you for the res of my life" and I sorta freaked out. The thought of being with Hubby forever scared me. Is this normal? I mean I knew going into this it was intended to last forever but now I don't like the idea. Is this bad? Has anyone else gone through this? Did I make a mistake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Well... can you imagine him NOT being with you for the rest of your life? I couldn't imagine not having my husband... or him being with someone else for the rest of their life! No way.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 4:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When i said the words "I do till death do us part" that to me meant FOREVER. My hubby and I have a great wonderful relationship. Are you and your hubby having problems? It could be just small ones but is there something going on with you that you could be freaking you out about being with your hubby forever. These thought aren't normal in my mind or life. Maybe you really need to dig deep within yourself and see what's going on way deep down inside yourself.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No When I got married, I knew I was in it for the long hall.The only way I would get a divorce is if my hubby cheated.I told him that he's like well then you are stuck with me. lol.It will be 3 years on march 10.we were together for 2 years before that though,and engaged for 1.so all together 6 years.I can't pitcher myself with anyone else.I love the guy.
    Just don't freak out you will be ok,unless there is something going on.If there is you need to talk to him,if not don't just enjoy being with him.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 5:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have come to understand that not all relationships are designed to last forever. I would have never thought that when I married at a young age and had a slew of children - but the relationship slowly died out - and he was not the man to raise children with! We parted ways and today are close friends. I have been through three subsequnet long term relationships - all of which were non-permanant, and I am close with each one of these men. They were good men - just not permanent partners. I tell people, it's not too easy to get divorced - it's too easy to get married! I will never remarry legally, simply because I could never have known how many curves lifes road would take, and the legalities are not worth it. Not that it is without heartbreak - but it's the kind that made us stronger and better people. It's AWESOME to stay married for LIFE! But it's just as valid a life path to have several loves.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It didn't freak you out when you said your vows though? If not, don't panic. If yes, then you guys have some talking to do about where you are and what you want together.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• if it freaked you out that much you can always divorce him. so don't think of it as your trapped. there is always a way out. is that what you want? him out of your life. being single isn't all that much fun either.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010