Did you (or do u plan to) give birth naturally?

I have had two babies, both all natural. No epidural!! :) IMO that is something to brag about, so ladies I know we shouldn't toot our own horn but umm.. BEEP BEEP lol

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 4 and the lastest one was natural. Not by choice but by chance because she was born about an hour after I got to the hospital. Now all future babies will be natural because I actually enjoyed the experience---looking back on it 4 months later. During that pregnancy, I was going back and forth thinking about trying natural but chickened out once I got to the hospital. Didn't matter though because she came while I was signing the paperwork to get an epidural. Literally, pen was still in my hand.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• 3 births all natural!! Yeahhhhhhhhh
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 6:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Only one so far. Next kid will be a homebirth. Woot Woot. LOL

& hours total and 2 pushes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I had hoped to but had to have a c-section.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No - but I have 5 healthy, happy children. Without medical intervention it's very likely my first would have died.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've had two natural vaginal births and plan on having the current one the same way. Now, as far as horn-tooting is concerned, I'll cop to asking for an epidural with Number One Son. There wasn't time for one, so I had him naturally and I'm really glad it happened that way. Now that I'm old and decrepit and having a third kid, it's going to be more of a challenge and I'll need to be even more prepared if I want to avoid interventions such as a c-section or epidural.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• out of 5 had one natural, and i will never do it again! my heart went haywire, and it was he worst experience of my life. I couldnt enjoy the birth process, an it sucked
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My firstborn was all natural. My last two were c-sections.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've had 2 "natural" and one with an epidural. The epidural was AMAZING! I was in labor 24hrs, then they gave me the epidural and I pushed him out 1hr later pain free;)

My last baby was more on the normal size (not almost 10lbs like my boys) so labor I guess was easy for me. I though I had time to ask for epidural. The doctor checked me and said "oh, let's start push ing" The pain as I pushed her out was traumatizing this time for some reason. I thought honestly I was going to DIE. I felt that the pain was "unacceptable" ;) haha very upsetting, and couldn't recommend it to anyone. But it IS what's best for baby, so worth it just for that. But my Lord! What horrid pain...
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 5:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010