Who said babies don't come with instruction manuals??

HELLO... What to expect when expecting series!! lol

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL...those books are good for reference, but you do have to pick and choose which advice to follow sometimes. It helps to read a couple books (especially if you don't have a lot of experience with kids), get advice from your pediatrician, family, friends, and most importantly TRUST yourself. That said, there's also a VERY funny (but also helpful at times) book called The Baby Owner's Manual. We get a good laugh reading it (or the toddler book for your 'model's upgrade'), but I have used some advice in it on occasion too.

Baby Owner's Manual
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Those books aren't always the best choice. AND kids aren't cookie cutter. Things change and happen. I would never strictly follow a book to raise my kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's almost like college every thing you learn from a book, you'll only use half of it when your out in the feild. lol
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 5:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• LOL
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Ok, of course I am not going to follow a book word for word to raise my kids. But it IS a great source, and I would say it's a MUST for first time parents. I was so nervous, and scared with my first that if it were not for that book, I probably would have taken him to the Dr. alot for "No Biggies" Every child is different, and in almost every part of the books, she reminds you of that.
    In my Question I was poking fun at the old saying "They don't come with instruction manuals"
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Comment by WhitneyMommyOf2 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2010