Hubby came home drunk tonight...

about a 1/2 hour ago. He did some work outside for someone we know today. I called his cell phone 3x & got his voicemail earlier after it got dark, because I was getting worried. He had already been gone about 6 hours before I called him. He stumbled in & I was relieved to see him, but at the same time, mad as he**! He pretty much went up to bed after we talked a few min. I don't know what to think. I don't think he cheated. He could have at least called me so I didn't worry, right? Men just don't have brains sometimes! (hubby said he drank at the guys house he did the work for & said he didn't hear his cell phone ring.) I'm moody too-that time of the month-yuck!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh I HATE it when guys pull that shit!

My ex BF did that shit all the time to me.... grrr! How would he feel if you did that crap to him? He would be worried as hell too! You have every right to be angry no matter if it is your time of the month or not. That is uncalled for and disrespectful of your husband.

Did he walk or drive home drunk?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• my husband used to do this. i say used to because it hasnt happened in a long time. but i remember the feeling. im sorry. i think you hit the nail on the head. men dont think. they dont use the brain God gave them sometimes. and because they dont think about things the way we do, they dont understand why things like that are so important for some women. im not bashing guys, i love mine, im just saying sometimes they dont look at choices the same way we do.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• your probably right. he didnt cheat. he just wanted to hang out and drink a "few" beers and visit with the other guy. to him its no harm, no foul. w/o knowing you, i bet its been a while since youve gotten to hang out with the girls and just sit around and "have a few"? and i think thats where a big part of the insult is. i always felt taken for granted. and that he knew it was a bad choice (or he would have answered his phone to begin with) but he did it anyway. just take a deep breath. it will work out.
    ivelostmyself

• Thanks. Actually it's been a looonngg time(a year or more), since I've been with my friends, just hanging out, or whatever, without him. He's done this a few other times in the past. We've been together for 6 years. I let him know how I felt. His excuse is always,"sorry, I lost track of time." I know he would be extremely pissed & worried if it were the other way! To the 1st answerer's ?- He drove home from about 3 blocks away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The problem really isn't the lack of a phone call--it is the getting drunk, and the driving. The abuse of alcohol comes in many forms and getting drunk is abuse.....and it leads to a lot of other crap. I urge you to start learning about addiction because you describe a growing addiction. A person can get dunk once a year and be an alcoholic. I am not saying he is--but the fact that his "disrespect" is tied to his drinking is a tip off.......... People fail to see the rotten behavior of others is directly tied to drug abuse--legal or otherwise. But we don't like to confront something (drinking) that is so much a part of our society--and legal. We just like to blame it on being "a guy" or "being hormonal"----usually it is tied directly to drug abuse of some type.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think he was just acting like a typical man. My DH is always "leaving his cellphon in his truck" when he goes to a friend so he can drink in peace and just hang out. It makes me angry, and has caused many of arguments! (well, rants from me, he doesn't say much when he knows I'm right). Because really, the very LEAST they could do is let us know they're ok and not dead in a ditch somewhere!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2008