When is it too young to love someone?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• when they don't truly understand the meaning of what they are saying (in a romantic sense)

loving my mommy and daddy is a different type of love

loving my kitty or a favorite toy or tv show or food are yet another
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I guess it depends on the grade of maturity of the person in question. And besides that there is is love on SO many levels! Like Zeoyis said, you can love your kitty, your parents or even that cute boy at the playground ... Regardless of age it has to do with the perception of the feeling, which is different for everybody. As long as it's pure (and we might never know, since we don't live inside other people's heads), I think, it's love. As you get older you develop a different view and learn and grow ... all based on experience. And you might think: "Well, that was not love." ... Oh yes, it was. Back then for sure. How were you supposed to know how you'd feel about it 10 years later?
    And even when you're in your 40's, 50's or even almost in your 60's (like my husband) .... and think you're all settled in your own ways and seen it all .... Love can still find and hit you in a way you've never expected. (2 b con.)
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Everytime is different. And that's the beauty of it!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't think anyone is qualified to judge another's emotion... love is subjective to the person experiencing it. I also think that love changes over time... just because the love I feel for my husband of twelve years is different from the love I felt when we were dating, doesn't mean any feeling was less valid. It just means that love matures over time.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Love knows no time

Answer by older at 9:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• love is pure from birth...however falling/being in love with someone as a relationship I would say when they are at least 16+ and mature to understand its true meaning and worth!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010