Are you a childhood sweetheart marriage? How old were you when you knew?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• nooo, I'm glad my HS sweetheart and I never married. We were compatable in many ways and still are I've learned but no, I'm glad I waited.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I used to be married my highschool sweetheart we had known eaxh other since we were 13 years old got married at 17 & 18 and were married for 20 years
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I met my husband when I was 14 and he was 17. We married at 18 and 21, respectively. And that was almost 46 years ago. I think we knew from the very beginning that we would be together for life.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We meet in the 7th grade when I was 12 and he was 13. We dated on and off in middle school, high school and after graduation. We got married when I was almost 20 and he was 21. We have been married for 8 1/2 years now.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My dh and I were highschool sweethearts- we met when I was fifteen and he was seventeen. I remember telling him after we were dating a couple of months that we were going to get married someday... I was kind of joking, but kind of not. We got married when I was 20 and he was 22- that was twelve years ago now!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, I met my DH when I was 16, I will be 28 next month, so we have been together for 12yrs now. My DH was already out of school while I was in HS, so IDK if we are technically HS sweethearts, but I knew I would marry him one day and I did. We have been together ever since and are still very much in love. We have been through some really rough times where most ppl would have given up and moved on, but staying through those hard times has made us even more strong and bonded us more. We refuse to give up on our marriage and I am so glad I stayed and worked on things.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm not (thankfully!), but my cousin married her HS sweetheart (it's been about 6 years and 3 kids). They're very happy.
    My best friend also married her HS sweetheart, but they had broken up for 2 years before realizing they were right for each other and getting back together. They got married about 5 years ago, and have been together about 15 years (if you include the 2 years apart).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Nope, not a childhood sweetheart marriage here. I met my husband the year after I graduated high school. I was 18, almost 19 when we started dating. I think we both knew it was love pretty quickly. We started dating in February, and he proposed on Memorial day (May) of the same year. We've been together almost 11 years now, and have been happily married for a little over 6 years.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I met my hubby when I was 15, he was 19 and still in school. Weve been togther ever since. Got married when I was 19.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I met and fell in love with my husband in 6th grade. I knew then that he would be the one special person in my life, and we dated until he moved in 7th. When he moved back we were too shy to admit how we really felt and stayed "best friends" all through high school (even though we both thought about saying something many, many times) until, upon taking my leave from college just into my second year he and I finally told each other how we had always felt and got back together. That was four years ago and here we are happily married, with a son who makes our world go round. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010