Does your unborn baby get excited around daddy?

I only ask this because for the past two days the only time I can get baby to move is when daddy puts his hand on my belly. I can poke, prod, wish baby to move and NOTHING happens.

I am 25 weeks and I have been feeling baby since week 18. Since week 18 baby has kicked every time daddy has held my belly.

I have always thought it was coincidence, however, I am starting to believe that she gets excited for daddy. He is a fantastic man so I know why :) but could this be for real???

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I really do think they get excited when they hear a familiar voice other than yours. My baby moves a lot more when my boyfriend comes home from work, I always figured it was because she was finally getting to hear another familiar voice haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My son does the opposite! I am 27 weeks Monday, He will be moving like crazy and stay completely still when my husband tries to feel... yet with my 4 year old he pushed back (HARD) and startled him. Hah.. Ornery little bugger already!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think so because when I was pregnant with my youngest, her dad would talk to her, rub my belly and hum to her. As soon as she was born and they cleaned her up and handed her to him, she latched on to his finger as soon as she heard his voice. But at the same time, when I was about 8 months along, we were laying in bed one night and his back was to me. She kicked so hard, he felt it!!!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My unborn baby boy does get excited when daddy is around. Everytime he puts his hand on my belly he moves toward it or starts moving around. Also whenever he comes home from work and hears his voice I have noticed that he is either usually awake and starts kicking or he wakes up and starts moving a lot.
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 11:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2008