Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I get food stamps even though the mother is out of hose and i am the step non

Answer Question
Tammy T.

Asked by Tammy T. at 7:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • No, I don't think you can. Unless you are living in a completely separate household, and the children are living with you, not her.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

  • you can if the children live with you and your husband and you meet the income guidlines.

    Answer by anichols1 at 7:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

  • Please learn how to use spell checker, I can't understand you.

    Answer by smokisses at 7:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

  • Hey smokisses, the words that she misspelled are actually words...spell checker would not help in this case genius. Hope you feel better about yourself.

    To answer the question, most states have a number you can call just for questions to find out if you're eligible for benefits such as food stamps. You should just call the number and give them your situation and they can help. Good luck!

    Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.