CAN'T STAND IT WHEN

people will NOT use spell check!
How about you?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 7:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• A typo or two or a randomly misspelled word doesn't bother me. Posts that are difficult to understand because of poor spelling and grammar are very annoying. I don't appreciate text-speak so much either. It makes me kind of sad that so many mothers out there aren't really going to be able to help their children to get a decent education, as they clearly do not see the value.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh wow, there's a spell check?! Thanks for telling me. I've never noticed that "full editor"-thing before. I can't stand it when I put a lot of effort into an answer, post it and then discover a mistake.

I know grammar police can be a real pet peeve around here. Sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on my mood. I think what's really bad are people who don't use punctuation. When English is not your native language it can give you a terrible time reading a post.

BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Funny, I just noticed that you posted this in "Health". Aw, it's not worth being mad to the point of getting sick.... lol
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I use it sometimes. Other times I am in such a rush, I don't. Sorry.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I just cannot believe the number of people who don't seem to know the difference between "your" and "you're." I've seen it not just here, but all over and it's sad.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• A few don't bother me.  They are just minor mistakes.  But when it gets out of hand I usually give up and go on to the next question.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It just bothers me when you can't even tell what they mean.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• woo-saaah..............breath in....breath out. Is this a request for relaxation techniques? blood pressure control? bio-feedback help? when confronting these stress inducing posts?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• LOL, it's ok sometimes, but I just read a post where almost every word was spelled incorrectly! GRRR
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010