TMI...but in a rutt and I have to ask. adult content

For the past 5 months I have been having an odor from my vagina and I have to wash down there a couple times a day and change my underwear. I have gone to the Drs and she did an exam and tests and found nothing and couldnt do anything for me. I did some research online and found soemthing called Rephresh(balances the PH in you). I started using it every 3 days like the directions say and I have noticed a 100% difference. No order, nothing. But if I dont do it every 3 days consistently it comes right back. How can my Ph levels not stay regulated and why do I keep having this awful occurance. Its embarassing and putting a damper on my sex life with my husband. Has anyone had this issue before and if so did you get rid of it? I just want to feel normal again and not constantly wondering if I smell. Its so embarassing!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• You might try another doctor. (get a second opinion) When you use things like that, your body will eventually adjust to it, and "balance" itself out by overcompensating, which will make the problem worse. Kind of like when people use antacids every day, and their stomach adjusts, so they have to use more and more to get the right effect.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have not had this problem before. What are you using when you shower? What are you washing with down there? Most soaps, body washes ect. change the ph in a woman's vagina which can cause problems like this. It's best to use a special wash in those areas to keep the ph at a normal range. Summer's eve makes a wonderful body wash. If your ph isn't correct you will get infections. I would try that and I would go back to the dr. bc there has to be something going on. Good luck.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My ph changed after I had my daughter. I, like you, was pretty distressed about it. I've never used the rephresh that you mention, but I do keep my area hair free. I've found that for me, any hair I have traps in the odor. (especially around the opening) I also use a feminine wash instead of soap or body wash. I discovered a new one that Vagisil makes that has "odor block protection" that works pretty well.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It could be that your diet is influencing your pH. A diet rich in fresh fruits, leafy green vegetables and active-culture yogurt may help you to restore a normal vagnial pH.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Eating a lot of greasy food or red meat will cause this kind of body oder. Drink more water and eat veggies and fruit like Fistandantalus said.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010