how do you go about adopting a baby?

sammy1979

Asked by sammy1979 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Adoption

• first, you have to go to an adoption agency & fill out miles of paper work to see if you eligible to adopt. They won't give babies to just anyone.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The first thing to do is research the different adoption processes...then, you narrow it down to which process is right for you. Once you accomplish that, you can speak with an agency OR the county/state if you choose foster to adopt. There really is too much information about adoption and its processes/ pros/ cons to put down for you. If you have specific questions that would help...your query is too broad.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with mcginnisc ^

Your very first step is decide which type of adoption you want to do. They all have a different process.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You can contact me for more info. We recently adopted twins and I have a group here on cafemom called M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable).
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i am a birthmom and i go through reachsource i am working with deb now. she can help you all the way my email is sttawardnas@yahoo.com if you want more info
    sttawardnas

Answer by sttawardnas at 7:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010