Stomach Flu, again!

my daughter had the stomach flu on Monday, went back to school yesterday, came home around 12:30 early because she wasn't feeling well. She was running around and playing and acting normal. Then all of a sudden today at 5:30am, she threw up again! and it was a lot! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• Give her plenty of water and nothing more hard to digest than Gatorade and saltines for now. Keep checking her temperature and if it goes over 100.4, wipe her down with a cool damp towel; you can't give her any Tylenol on an empty stomach, so don't even try, she'll just throw it up. Beyond those measures, all you can do is let her sleep.

Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The same thing happens to my son. The doctor said that milk causes it. But I can't remember how long she said your supposed to wait to start giving them dairy products again.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Keep her hydrated, BRAT's diet if she's hungry, watch the feavor. They can spike high. And when she's over most of the puking, reintroduce yoghurt first but not milk. My dd was able to handle cheese so that might be good too. Beyond that, it's best to wait it out. Oh, do keep everything clean, door knobs, handles, kitchen sink, etc. This is very contagious.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010