Have your kids ever been teased/ picked on at school?

My 4.5 year old ds came home crying saying that a kid was calling him names! Seriously, already?? He's not even in Kindergarten yet!!

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've talked to my son a lot about name calling and at least so far other than little bickers there hasn't been teasing, he's in 1st grade. But if he is ever picked on like I was in school I will pull him and home school in a heartbeat. Thesedays kids are even more brutal than they were when we were kids
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Unfortunately yes. My oldest is on the Autism Spectrum so since he is 'different' he has been singled out and picked on. Our school district has a zero tolerance policy and they made sure the issue was taken care of and my son was not picked on again.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• thats a part of growing up, everyone gets some measure of that. Some worse than others. But it does form us into the adults we become.

It didn't happen to me or my kids until about 4th grade, though. Kindergarten and before is rather early. Kids are so innocent at that time and so not judgy.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, but we fixed it right away.

Answer by older at 9:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Mostly my daughter. She is very sensitive, alot of the kids know that too. I try telling her that most of the time if they see it doesn't bother you they will quit. Like I said she is very sensitive and can't do that. It really bothers her.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my oldest was literally tormented in the early years then I got a job with the school district and that helped.
    my youngest used to get picked on in Pre-K but now that he is in Kindergarten he is doing very well.
    Each grade is going to be different for the most part. What helped my son out was for me to volunteer in his
    classroom.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2010